Saturday, September 24, 2011

Floating heads!

The Emmys were last Sunday, and there is only so much I can say about the fashion. I think that I could probably go on and on about the fashion because there was an abundant amount, but for the sanity of my readers, and for my own sanity, I will keep it limited. I want to talk to you about the color red. Now, I know I said that red is going to be a huge color this fall, and I still stand by that, because it will; however, if you are going to an event that is a “RED carpet” event, why oh why would you wear red?!I felt like I was looking at a bunch of floating heads making their way down the carpet. Nina Dobreve in her red Donna Karan, Lea Michele in her red Marchesa, Kate Winslet in her red Elie Saab, and  Sofia Vergara in her red Vera Wang are just a few stars that sported red on the carpet last week. Most of the women looked great in their dresses, but by the end of the red carpet show, if I saw another red dress, I would have plucked my eyes out! There is nothing wrong with wanting to stay on trend, but there is a fine line that one must straddle to keep from being too risky and too safe. I think that I saw more red dresses than black ones. Now, I don’t have any advice for you, as my readers, personally, but if any of you become famous and have to walk down a red carpet, don’t wear red! You will be a floating head!


No comments:

Post a Comment