Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh-Bam-PAlease!

Is anyone else as over Michelle Obama as I am? Now this is not a political blog, and I will not get into any politics whatsoever. I will not even tell you if I like or dislike the president, I could think that he is doing a great job running this country and I hope to see him back for a second term, or I could think that he is doing the worst job in presidential history since Nixon, but it really does not matter. The truth is, if I see another "news" story on how Michelle is wearing a "$29 dress from the Gap," I am going to vomit. I mean, considering the pickle this country is in financially, she should be wearing $2 dresses! I am a firm believer in not looking at price tags, ok, that's not entirely true, I would never buy something I couldn't afford, but if a dress is chic and cute and only costs $6... WHO CARES! Can we not put so much emphasis on how much a piece of clothing costs? I mean, these "reporters" may think that we, as the public, are going to get excited because "us commoners" can afford to wear the same outfit, but it does not matter. Designers will always make a cheap version of the outfit anyway. I personally think that we should want to dress like our mothers, our best friends, or our sisters, because it is what that person represents. I mean... what do we really know about Michelle anyway? Run on fashion friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment