Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fall is in the air

As Fall steadily approaches, my next few blogs will be following the major designers runway shows and what I think about their collections. Today, I am going to talk about Michael Kors Fall 2011 collection. I like it, but I don't love it. It's a little plain. The monochromatic color scheme is simple and elegant, and it works for the runway, but let’s be honest, when you watch a runway show you are watching the models, looking at the clothes, and studying the garments. You are there to look at the clothes, so that is all you do. However, if you take one of these garments and wear it to a cocktail party, no one will notice you one way or another. Now, this could be a plus if you like to be a wall flower and don't want people looking at you in discussed and running in the other direction just to avoid being seen with you, but where is the fun in that :)? I am a really big fan of Mr. Kors' big, fluffy brightly colored fur jackets that are really impractical, but oh-so-fun; however, I didn't see any this collection. He has black, beige, brown, and mauve colors in this collection, and my favorites are the sparkle pieces. I think even in a monochromatic ensemble, these dresses can make a fashion statement. So to sum it up, this show didn't stun me, but it didn't horrify me either, so I think that it could be a good option for just about everyone, fashion-daring or not. Run towards Michael always fashion friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment