Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dirty Linen Glamor


Oh boy! What a fashionable and New Orleansesque weekend this was. It saddens me and relieves me that it is Sunday. Friday night was the Old Hollywood Glamor party with an awesome runway show to cap off the last 100 years of fashion in our history. Are you wondering what I wore? Don’t tell anyone, but I was a bit of an outfit repeater! I worked for about 7 hours trying to make a vintage dress from a pattern that my great grandmother had kept. This pattern had to be 40 years old, and I think this because, as many sewers will know, Vogue patterns will cost you anywhere from $12-$25 these days. What was the price on this pattern? It was $1.50!! Oh to go back to those days, but I digress. I finally completed this classic dress, and when I held it up, I realized that the fabric I decided to use looked like it cost $0.50 a yard. It was hideous. I could never wear this to promote myself and my line! So I wore the beautiful Sue Wong beaded, champagne-colored dress that I wore for my engagement party paired with my only pair of blue Manolo Blahniks and my birdcage I made for my wedding. The outfit was so old Hollywood. It was perfection, and I completed it with ruby red lips. The benefit was great because, if you have never been there, the Metropolitan is gigantic. The guests were never in each others way, the food was delicious and abundant, and the drinks were flowing. A fashionable and classic New Orleans night! After the fashion show wrapped up, we headed out to get some rest for the next night of fun, which just so happened to be Dirty Linen night. Now, White Linen night was great, and the fashion was much better than that of Dirty Linen night, but the art venues opened for this event were more up my alley. Craft shops, jewelry stores, and art galleries were open for business with items to sell! My favorite store of the night was Razzle Dazzle. This is a gift shop with any and every souvenir you could want, and the host was serving a drink called a “Razzletini.” How could one go wrong with that!? Supposedly the theme for Dirty Linen night was to wear one’s dirty linens… gross. I was not going to do that, so I decided to go for a patriotic theme. A navy and white striped BCBG skin tight skirt, paired with a black Etcetera tank top that had flowerets around the neck, and some bright red shoes mad a perfect Non Dirty Lenin night outfit. I was comfortable and chic. All and all, this weekend had it all; classic fashion and dirty fashion! It was great, it was New Orleans, and it was perfection!







No comments:

Post a Comment