Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wine country


Aaaa, Napa! Can we just move there now? What a country! (and I call it that because obviously it’s wine country!) Why wouldn’t I want to move to a city where it’s acceptable to begin drinking wine at 10 am, and the weather is like fall in Louisiana all year round? It’s sunny, hardly ever rains, and the landscaping is beautiful. I can’t get over how beautiful the landscaping is. Does everything bloom out here? The weather is also extremely conducive to great fashion. There are days in New Orleans when I simply can’t wear what I want to wear because it’s too hot. I am a slave to the heat, but I digress. I picked out specific outfits for this honeymoon escapade, and I must brag… they were adorable! Straw hats (which I wore almost every day) White pants, and yes, I said pants! I even got to wear a sweater and some slippers! (but that was in the bedroom, so I’ll spare you those details)  I think that just feeling comfortable in articles of clothing I would not ordinarily wear was the most fashion-satisfying part of the trip. I love Nautical-themed clothing, and to my devoted readers, you’ll remember that I wrote a blog about it many blogs back. I don’t get to wear nautical clothing down here in the Big Easy. If you are on the water, it is Cajun-themed. “Cutsie” is not for this gulf area. There are many things I love about this city and would never change; however there is a handful of things I would change, and one of them would be the “beach attire.” I loved being out there in my stray hat and crocheted top, because it made me feel good. I wore what I wanted, and I enjoyed every second of it, because that’s what good clothes can do to a woman. Run on fashion friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment