Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Take it Big Easy


Now, I know that my last post consisted of my yearning desire to move to wine country, but now that I am back in one of the hottest cities in the states, I am beginning to see the light again. Yes, the weather can sometimes suck, (mostly in the month of August) and no, we can’t grow the grapes for the wine here… but we sure know how to drink it! The population of New Orleans may even give the Napa residents a run for their money. We know how to party, we know how to have a good time, and we know how to relax. There is always something eclectic and original to do here. Last weekend, my hubby and I took a little trip out to White Linen night on Julia Street. It was as hot as Hates out there, but it really didn’t seem to bother us or anyone else. The men wore their white linen suits, the women wore their cute little white dresses, and some women even wore hats… yes, I was one of those women. That’s what I love about events like that, it gives you an excuse to wear something you absolutely love, but can’t really wear on an everyday basis. I experienced some fabulous art, some delicious New Orleans cuisine, and made some new friends. As the night moved on, I began to not even notice that the temperature was not dropping all that much despite the setting of the sun. The week progressed, and on Tuesday, I moseyed on over to the Farmer’s Market at Tulane University Square. Wow! What a market! Farmers travel from out of state just to sell their produce in the amazing city. I bought the best tomatoes you will ever eat, Taziki sauce, and ground goat meat. Yeah, that’s right, goat meat. Greek goat burgers anyone?  You can even use a credit card or food stamps at this extensive market. There is a market every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and each day, they cater to a different clientele. I will be attending on Thursday night because they are doing a wine tasting. Go to crescentcityfarmersmarket.org for more information on it, and join me for a little vino on Thursday! Finally, the weekend steadily approaches, and I will be attending the Old Hollywood Glam Benefit, and 100% of the proceeds go to leukemia and lymphoma research. I can’t wait to, again, wear another outfit that I wouldn’t normally wear. The theme is old Hollywood, so I can’t decide if I want to be Audrey Hepburn-esque, or a sultry Marilyn Monroe, but my mood will strike the cord when the day comes. The event will have music, delicious food, free flowing cocktails, and even a fashion show of the last 100 years of fashion. Stay tuned to see what outfit I wear, unless of course I see you there! Run on fashion friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment