Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What's in a number?


OK, I am about to tell you something, and I need you not to judge me. The other day I was watching Hoda and Kathy Lee. I know, this fact may make you want to cringe, and I don’t usually make a habit out of this behavior, but the story they were touching on intrigued me. They were wearing numbers on their collars, and this number represented their age. Then they brought in a woman from each decade and questioned her. This made me think; us women are so guarded about our age, but why? It really is just a number, and it can actually empower you. The general public has a perception of how they think you should look, what you should be able to do, and how you are supposed to act at a certain age, and when you tell them that you are 45, 50, 55, and so on, and their response is, “Really? Wow!” then this should make you feel great. You know who you are, where you’ve been, what looks good on you and what doesn’t, and you know that you look damn good in your own 45 year old skin. Just because you’re “over the hill” does NOT meant that you’re old. It means you’ve reached the half way point, and now you don’t have to worry about people being skeptical of your opinions because your “too young.” There are a lot of times that other people seem to blow me off because they think that I am too young to know anything about anything. The truth is, young women can know a lot about a lot, and older women may not know much about anything! So let’s start believing what we tell our best friends when her birthday is around the corner and she gets depressed; age is just a number, and what you do with every second of everyday is what makes you who you are, not your age. Stop hating your laugh lines, and realize that this just means you’ve lived a happy life. Making it to “over the hill” sure beats the alternative!!
Run on fashion friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment