Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fashion Flying

"Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away." The common theme I am seeing on the runway and red carpet is feathers; they are everywhere! I was IN LOVE with Hillary Swank's Gucci number she wore to the Oscars, I mean, feathers and sequins? You can't get much better than that! And though Sharon Stone is a little nutty, her stylist was spot on with her Christian Dior "black swan-esque gown she wore. (Not to mention that the color did wonders on her milky skin) This trend has hit the fashion world by storm. Every designer seems to be using these feathers. There is not much about this trend I dislike. (Ok, It was abused when Bijork wore that infamous Swan dress by Marjan Pejoski in 2001. I mean, what a disaster! But that was an extreme circumstance) This style has flown away with me. I search high and low for feathered cocktail dresses and skirts. If they didn't cost an arm and a leg, I would have more of these beautiful pieces. In my last collection, I created a simple white cocktail dress. Lets be honest, it was boring! but then I added a feathered detail and a belt and BOOM! magically, the dress came to life. This trend is, however, a lot like the ruffles I logged about a few days ago. it is not for everyone. This trend is very girly, and it sends a certain message to others... The kind of message that says, I look adorable, and I know what I'm doing, so preceded with caution :) Perhaps that's why I love this trend so much. It tells others about my personality without using words. I don't know about you fashion friends, but I'll be soaring toward this trend!

                                                                     Good Feathers







                                                                      Bad Feathers

No comments:

Post a Comment