Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hold me closer tiny dancer


This weekend, the day before Easter, I ran the Crescent City Classic, a 10 Kilometer race in the heart of New Orleans. With a goal of making it in the top 500 out of more than 22,000 runners/ walkers, I failedL. I came in number 511… FAIL. Well, perhaps next year! However, a common theme in the race (and any event in the city in general) was to dress up, and I am not saying these people were in cocktail dresses and suits, they were playing dress-up; sort of like we did when we were five. I noticed a lot of people in Tutus, and I noticed that I liked it. Then I started thinking about how much I like this trend in the fashion world. Anyone who knows me, even just a little bit, knows that I am a “Sex and the City” -fanatic! I am ob-freaking-sessed with the tutu in the opening of the series. I think it is adorable. The tutu brings me back to my childhood days. It makes me feel playful and fashionable at the same time. I sort of want to have a dance recital, and then go out to dinner with my fiancĂ©. The more I think about it, the more I notice the tutu in collections. I think it began as laziness. The designers didn’t have the energy in putting a piece of fabric over the crinoline, so they left it, then they realized it made the women feel fun, flirty, and young! I love it, I will be wearing it, I might even run in it next year. Run towards and in this one fashion friends!
                                                                      opening scene
                                                                   
                                                                     Final episode


No comments:

Post a Comment