Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sailing the high seas

The nautical fashion trend can stay as long as it wants as far as I am concerned. I think it is the smartest trend yet. It is overwhelmingly comfortable, and let’s not forget, really cute! This is the kind of outfit you should wear when traveling, especially on a plane. I am guilty of boarding in my PJ’s because I want to be able to sleep and be comfy on the plane, but then I look like something the cat dragged in! One time, I swear, I thought their mothers were shielding children from me!
This theme became extremely popular in the 1920’s thanks to a little old designer you may have heard of… Chanel. She did not create a line with this theme; rather, she was having an affair with an extremely high profile man who loved to sail. Now if that isn’t the way to get something in fashion, I don’t know what is! It quickly caught on, and beautiful women like Audrey Hepburn adopted the style. I own several pieces of Nautical fashion, and you can bet that when I go on my honeymoon to Napa valley in July, I will be wearing big scoop-neck boating sweaters, linin pants, and striped shirts the whole time (especially on the plane!) I might even put on a little bit of make up this time... after all, I don’t want to scare my husband too badly yet!
Run, or rather, sail immediately towards this fashion, friends!


                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment