Friday, April 8, 2011

Flower Power comeback


Why would someone take the worst fashions in history consisting of bell bottoms, denim suits, and even… muumuus, and make a comeback with it? I guess you can already tell my disgust over this new trend that is steadily and rapidly approaching… the 70’s comeback.
Yuck! It leaves a bad taste in my mouth just saying it! The awful colors that don’t go together, the chaotic patterns, I mean, wasn’t the height of this trend when everyone was experimenting with weed and LSD? Hmmm, wander what’s going on with the master minds… I was relieved when the denim jacket quietly faded out into the abyss, but now it has made its wrathful comeback by transforming itself into a suit!? And the bell bottoms… I am a HUGE fan of the skinny jean, and I like wide leg trousers, but a combination of the two is a bit like ketchup and chocolate; I love them both but would never put them together. Who thought that the crochet maxi dress was coming back? I would NOT have called that one, even over a swim suit. I think the one thing about this 70’s trend that I can embrace is the jewelry. Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love my costume jewelry: big, gold, chunky necklaces and bracelets; brightly colored rings; I will be all over the accessories! Maybe they can make my old outfits look new, because I don’t think I will be shopping in the 70’s. Hopefully this trend burns out quickly, because this trend is one that, I must sadly say, I will NOT be exercising.
Run far away from this one fashion friends!
                                        
                                                              No, No, No


                         
                                                                       Yes, Yes, Yes


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, what about the maxi dress? what is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tricky one... you have to basically be Gesell Bundchin to look good in a maxi dress. For little petite girls like you and me, well, I would steer clear

    ReplyDelete