Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'd Rather Go Naked Than...

Let’s talk about nudity. Now, don’t start feeling uncomfortable. The Nude Illusion dress has been a big hit, and it does not seem to be going away any time soon. Think back to the Golden Globes. It seemed like every other celebrity was wearing a nude colored dress. (I guess their stylists really knew what they were doing!) Even Valentino, a man who is known for his vivid red dresses, is embracing this trend. Think about his Spring 2011 collection. The theme seemed to be the nude dress. I love it. I think there is no better way to celebrate the woman’s body than to show it naked. Who wouldn’t want jewel-encrusted skin? I am guilty, I own a nude illusion piece myself, and let me tell you, heads turn (and it’s not just the men;) Why join a nudist colony when you can walk the streets in your naked dress?  Ok, ok, maybe I’m getting a little carried away here, but I think that this trend is here to stay. It is the next staple in your closet like the Little Black Dress, or the Pencil Skirt, or the pair of Slacks. Get one, get 20. Embrace it, wear it, and keep it!
Run on fashion friends, run on.   

Valentino's collection 

 


More Nude Illusion Dresses

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! The Monique LLhulier gown on Mandy Moore was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete