Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dis-stressing over nothing

If you look through my house, you will find a common theme. I have blue distressed chairs, a distressed dining room table, a distressed bedside table; and look in my closet, and you will find at least one pair of distressed jeans. At the risk of sounding like my grandparents, why is that we will pay for something to look old? I like the way this old look warms a house, and I think it makes a person more approachable. If something looks too new, it can make you look almost too put together (us women are going for the effortless look here J ) However, just like with most trends, we should not get too carried away. The jean with a few discolorations and wearings are fine, but lets not try and look like an immigrant that hopped the border and got stuck on the barbed wire! When I see people walking down the street in jeans with giant holes in the knee (and God forbid, the butt!) I want to take them to the store and buy them a new pair of jeans because I think they cannot afford new ones! There is no reason for all those holes, I mean, what is the point of the jeans if there are that many holes in them? You just as soon wear shorts. “You must be so cold with all those holes in your pants” I think. Now maybe I am an “old fogy” for thinking this way, but I just think distressed is one thing, and holes are another.
Trot slowly towards this trend fashion friends.
                                                                Good

Bad!
Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Ever heard of Tat Patch? Check them out at www.thetatpatch.com

    ReplyDelete