Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ready, Set, Launch!

My first blog post. Hmm. Do I really have enough to say to start my own blog? Well of course I think I have enough to say, but perhaps you guys can be the judge. My aspiration is to be a designer. I just launched my first collection on April 3, 2011 at the Mad Hatter Fashion show in Thibodaux, La. My goal is to have my collection walk down at NOLA Fashion Week within the next two years... Fingers crossed!
But enough about me; lets talk about what you can expect from this blog... anything! I will mostly be talking about the latest trends and my opinion on them, what I am working on in each new piece and collection that I am creating, and how I think the trends are affecting me and my collection. I cannot promise that I won't get carried away with other topics like a really GREAT piece of chocolate cake or a beautiful walk in Audubon Park, but I will try to keep my mind in one place, if for nothing else, but for the sanity of my hopeful readers :)
Why Style Race as the title of my blog? Well, fashion is a race. One is either trying to stay up on the trends or get ahead of the next guy. As a runner, I see no big differences between racing and trying to keep up with fashion. Keeping on trend can be exhausting, taxing, hard, and exhilarating! Think about the last time you wore a really great piece out. You knew what you were doing, you had the confidence, and once you walked into the room, everyone wanted to know where you got your outfit. It makes you feel great! At this moment, it doesn't matter that it took you days to find the perfect top to go with that pencil skirt or tie to go with that shirt. It all seems to pay off when you walk into the room. Also, you have to keep in shape with fashion. Once you skip your October issue of Vogue or Harper's Bazaar (my personal favorites) you are behind. So a little style workout everyday pays off.
Stay tuned to see if I win the race!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment